What To Do If Your Gmail Account Isn’t Syncing
Sync issues are prevalent, although the majority of remedies are straightforward.
In that case, you may be unable to execute fundamental email tasks, such as sending and receiving emails, opening and reading new emails.
Sync issues may cause apps that are running slowly. Re-sync your Gmail account to ensure that everything is functioning properly.
Note: The instructions in this article are applicable to mobile devices running Android versions 10, 9.0, 8.1, or 8.0, as well as Apple devices running iOS 13, iOS 12, iOS 11, or iPadOS 13.
The Reasons for Gmail Not Syncing
In some cases, when an anomaly occurs in data transfer, an issue occurs behind the scenes that prevent the mobile app from functioning until the error is resolved.
This is known as “background sync failure.” If the error cannot be resolved automatically, the program appears to hang and will not perform as expected.
Either unexpected glitches cause most transfer problems in network connectivity or timeouts associated with the sending or receiving of big data chunks, both of which can occur simultaneously.
How to Resolve the Android Gmail Not Syncing Issue
One of the most typical reasons for Gmail syncing issues is miscommunication between the main account and the Android app.
In other to sync your Gmail account with your Android device, follow these steps:
1. Run a manual sync on your computer. Swipe down from the top of the screen to the bottom of the screen when you open the Gmail app.
Tip: Manually syncing Gmail is a good idea if you just use it on a single device and only check it occasionally.
2. Enable automatic synchronisation. If you’d rather not sync manually, you can set up an automatic sync in the settings.
You should open the Gmail app and select the menu (the three-bar icon) followed by Settings from the drop-down menu.
Select your user name from the drop-down menu. Select the Sync Gmail checkbox in the Data usage section of the settings page.
3. Verify that the gadget is connected to the internet. Check if the device is connected to Wi-Fi or if mobile data is enabled before attempting to sync the Gmail app.
Tip: If you have Airplane Mode on, turn it off. Airplane Mode disables all internet and data connections and the ability to sync Gmail with mobile devices, among other things.
Gmail is a good place to double-check your password. If you receive a password problem message, it is possible that the app is not synchronising properly. Ensure that your Gmail password is changed on both devices.
5) Update the app: Downloading and installing the most recent Gmail app version may help resolve Gmail sync difficulties.
Go to the Gmail App in the Play Store and, if you see the word “Update” next to Gmail, click on it to update. If you see the word Open, it signifies you’re using the most recent version.
6. Delete any Gmail app data and any Gmail files that have been saved. Cleaning up your storage space can help you fix app issues.
Launch the Settings application.
Select Apps and Notifications, or Apps if you’re using an older version of Android. Select the Gmail application. Select Storage & cache > Clear Storage from the menu bar, and then complete the action.
Note: On Samsung devices, go to Settings > Apps > Gmail > Permissions > Storage and enable the option to allow Storage. After that, select Clear Data and confirm your selection.
Note: Clearing app data should not destroy email or other content from a Gmail account; rather, it should only delete stuff from the local device where the app is installed. However, if you have any essential emails stored on that device, you should make a backup of your data.
7 – Restart the Android device to complete the process. Sometimes all you have to do is a simple restart to get a smartphone or tablet back up and running properly.
How to Fix Gmail Not Syncing Issues on iOS or iPadOS
Synchronisation issues with the official Gmail application for iOS or iPadOS and sync issues with Gmail in the Mail app are quite different.
However, while many of the same troubleshooting techniques for Android devices apply, a few workarounds are unique to Apple products.
To begin, ensure that IMAP is enabled. IMAP is Gmail’s protocol to transfer emails from its mail server to the device in question.
This process is enabled by default, but if this is no longer the case for some reason, re-enable it.
2. Double-check your push-alert settings. If you have your Gmail account configured to sync manually in iOS Mail, the app will only collect new emails when you are actively using it, which can cause performance issues.
Go to the Settings menu. Go to Passwords & Accounts > Fetch New Data > Gmail and press Fetch to fetch new data.
3. Verify that the gadget is connected to the internet. Check whether mobile data is enabled or if the device is linked to Wi-Fi before proceeding.
4. Determine whether or not the app requires an update. A pending app update can occasionally cause data synchronisation to be disrupted.
5. Restart your iPhone to complete the process. This, as well as many other issues, can be resolved by restarting your iPhone.
6. Uninstall and reinstall the Gmail App. Delete the Gmail app from your iOS device and restart your device. Go to the iOS Program Store and search for Gmail, after which you should reinstall the app.
7. Delete your account from the system. In certain cases, you simply have to start again by deleting your account and re-establishing it from the ground up.
Go to Settings > Passwords & Accounts and choose your Gmail account from the drop-down menu. Tap Delete Account and then confirm your deletion by tapping Delete Account a second time.
It is unnecessary to delete your account to delete your distant data; rather, it only clears everything on your iPhone or iPad.
Finally, We hope you found this article interesting? And what do you think about ”What to Do If Your Gmail Account Isn’t Syncing?”
Please feel free to share your thoughts with us in the box below.
Check the facts
With accuracy and impartiality, we endeavour to deliver the most up-to-date essential information for tech enthusiasts.
Please contact us if you would like to contribute to this article or advertise with us.
And let us know if you notice something that isn’t quite right.