Why Does My Android Phone Hang A Lot?
According to them, the most common cause is an app that isn’t responding properly and is using more RAM than was anticipated. They point to the age of the hardware in your phone as another potential explanation for the issue.
The longer it has been in use, the greater the likelihood that it will become less efficient as it attempts to work with increasingly sophisticated operating systems (OS) and applications (apps).
The actions to take to solve the problem of Android smartphones hanging!
1). Perform a factory reset on your device.
2). You can clear the data through the phone’s settings menu or by going to recovery.
3). Use a launcher like Nova Launcher to get started. (It’s snappy.)
4). Disable bloatware if possible. (Bloatware is pre-installed software from the manufacturer.)
5). Now you’ll need root to complete the following tasks. (You can find out how to root your phone by searching on Google.)
(I recommend getting the pro version.)
6). Go to its settings and make sure that all options are turned on.
7). Add all of the programs to the hibernation list, then hibernate them all.
8). Create a hibernation shortcut in greenify and press it when the latency begins.
9). Install only the apps you require.
10). You may uninstall the installed bloatware and gain some extra free space.
12). Greenify gains much more power thanks to the Xposed Framework.
13). It’s a one-click installation if you’re running Android 5.0 (Lollipop).
14). However, after Android 5, the technique gets more difficult and necessitates the use of a custom recovery.
15). So, if you’re comfortable flashing and doing other things, you should use Xposed in Android 5 and higher.
More steps to follow if your phone is hanging, you might try these solutions (success rate may depend on your phone, but you will notice a change)
- Move all apps to your SD card (external storage)
- Try installing anti-viruses like 360 total security (those are small in terms of size and thereby will take less space on your RAM and ROM) and clear all trash/temp files/cookies etc. (most anti-viruses have this inbuilt feature)
- Try increasing your RAM, and if it is not possible for you to spend on RAM, then you can use your SD card as a secondary RAM. Hence all the load won’t be there on your primary RAM.
- And if none of the above works for you (for the 1% cases), It’s time to pill your big boy pants up and factory reset your phone (caution: before doing this, backup your important data/files, etc.).
Bloatware present in your smartphone is the cause of the hanging of the phone.
Bloatware is the unwanted Pre-installed application, which runs in the background of the phone and consumes RAM, Battery, and Storage space of the phone.
Try to un-root the phone and uninstall bloatware through 3rd party rooted applications.
It’s advisable to buy a new smartphone that is bloatware-free. Only a few Android manufacturers do not pre-install bloatware, which provides convenience and freedom to users to experience Android.
Some Manufacturers are:
- Google Nexus
- Hyve Smartphone
- Motorola (Although Motorola offers some pre-installed apps)
Other devices besides these few offer pre-installed applications, which affect the Ram and storage utilization.
Google Nexus provides users with a true and pure Android experience. Users never feel the problem of the hanging of the device as no hidden background applications are running.
The same experience goes with HYVE mobiles; Hyve promised users to provide a true and pure Android experience that offers Approx 2.2GB of free RAM to users out of 3GB, whereas other smartphones offer 1.6 or 1.5GB of RAM out of 3.
Motorola offers a somehow great experience to stock android lovers. Still, there are some pre-installed applications in Motorola devices which creates a problem for the users as applications run in the background offering more usage of RAM.
The hanging of the phone has been a major issue since the decade. The problem exists because of the allocation of memory in an improper manner.
You might have wondered that while buying the phone, the company promised to give you, for example, 3GB of RAM, but when you started using the device, you discovered that the memory available was only 1.2 or 1.5GB.
This is the main reason why most phones lag while performing heavy or multiple tasks.
The company installs its unique UI on its devices which is totally useless and degrades the phone’s performance.
HYVE, recently launched 2 of its smartphones named Hyve Buzz and Hyve Storm.
The best feature of its new phones is that they run pure Android without any additional UI that drains RAM.
Moreover, there are no bloatwares on the phones. The phone allocates the RAM much more efficiently.
I have used the device myself, and it gives a pretty amazing feeling to use the smartphone without any lag.
Android is now one of the most frequently used smartphone operating systems. The majority of people now believe that “Android is a smartphone.”
As previously said, Android is only an operating system for your smartphone, similar to the iOS used by Apple’s iPhone.
Another Tip On How To Solve Hanging Of The Android Smartphone!
Android phone hangs, then your phone will have 3 settings that will be on Karna. Then your mobile will start running fast.
First of all, go to the settings of your mobile; after going into the settings, you will get another setting named Award Phone.
After clicking on the phone settings, you will need to click the software information setting and the software information settings.
The small number setting will have to be clicked 7 times after clicking on the belt number 7 times.
You will have to come out of this setting; after setting out of the award phone setting, there will be a setting named Double on that setting,
You have to click and go down, after going down, you will get three settings; it will have to be closed by clicking the three settings if you turn off all these settings.
Take a fast run on your Android, and it will never hang.
Is your phone frequently hanging, and are you looking for a solution? Then there are a few tried and true methods for optimizing your Android device’s efficiency and functionality.
Still On Ways To Solving The Problem Of Hanging Of Android Devices.
- See Your RAM Capacity: Most of the time, people continue to download new programs without checking to see if their RAM storage space is full. If your RAM is full, you should avoid installing heavy applications and close any background apps.
- Update All the Apps: applications keep on getting updates to improve their performance. It would help if you kept a close eye on updates; as soon as a new update comes, install it to make the most of the downloaded application. At times, the latest versions of apps use less memory and CPU power.
- Power Off Your Android Device: make it your habit to switch off your device once in a while. By doing so, the phone’s memory is refreshed as all the useless data that was occupying the processing power and RAM will be turned off.
- Install Apps in SD Card: if your phone has an SD card, then download all the applications in the phone’s external memory, i.e. SD card. Doing so will leave more space in the phone’s internal memory, allowing it to function properly. Also, the external memory can be expanded; hence you can save all your data on an SD card without any inconvenience.
- Delete Unnecessary Apps: go through the list of apps downloaded on your Android device and delete all the apps that are no longer needed. By keeping them, you are only wasting the important storage space of your device.
- Delete Unnecessary Data: check the internal memory storage data and remove all the unnecessary pictures, videos, music, and documents that are no longer useful for you. Alternatively, you can choose to back up all your data somewhere safe. You can use Dr Fone to back up your data; it is the safest place to back up your precious data. After that, you can delete all your data.
- Look For Apps That Are Consuming Too Much Space: enter the settings menu, tap on “Apps”, and then on “Running Apps”. Here you will see all the applications that are running in the background, along with the amount of memory they are consuming. Look for apps that use most of the space and either delete them or find an alternative app in a lighter version.
- Factory Reset: if none of the above tips helps you out. Then your last resort should be factory reset. You must know that this method will erase all your internal memory data and will return your phone to the way it was when it came from the factory. Hence, before resetting your Android device, you must back up all your data in a safe place. You can use Dr Fone to back up as well as restore data after the factory reset.
The hanging problem is mainly due to the junk stored in the phone memory. You can use clean master and other apps to clean the unnecessary files to an extent.
But the most effective method is to reset the phone once a year after taking proper backup.
- Install only essential apps.
- Don’t install RAM cleaning apps, so-called Anti-virus apps, as they are not effective, but they end up eating your RAM.
- Always clear background apps when they are not in use.
- Use the Links2SD app and clear the app cache that affects you.
- If internal memory gets full, there is a high chance of getting hung so look at that also.
It is primarily determined by the Android smartphone you are using. If you have a smartphone with enough RAM, to begin with, installing some apps and turning off superfluous background activities may aid you in some manner.
I can only hope that the Android Lord blesses you with a few gigabytes of RAM if you have a device with 512mb or even 1gb RAM (depending on usage).
A few more tips you can go for in solving the problem of hanging android smartphones!
- Just keep as fewer apps as you need.
- Check which app consumes more battery on your phone; eventually, that app will have more load on your phone’s ram (you can go to settings, battery and see which app is on the topmost section)
- Try clearing your cache (go to settings, storage, internal, cached data)
- Restart your phone at least once in two days.
Further Still On Tips For Resolving The Issue Of The Hanging Of Android Phones.
1 Go to Settings About phone.
2 Unlock developer options by clicking 7 times on the build number.
3 Go to developer options.
4 Set all animation speeds to “no animation.”
5 Restricted background processes limit to 4 also will work good (however, it might cause problems)
That depends on the usage. If your phone has only 1 Gb RAM and runs lots of stuff, your phone is bound to hang.
That aside, the easiest method would be to remove all the bloatware from your phone and a factory reset.
If possible, flashing a new stable custom ROM is also suggestible. Flashing a new ROM will help a lot given it is stable.
More options to solve the issue of the mobile phone hang problem.
1 Reduce the Number of Concurrent Apps to Stop Phone Hang.
2 Keep All the Apps Updated.
3 Shut Down Your Mobile Phone.
4 Switch off and remove the battery.
5 Install Apps in External Memory (SD Card)
6 Move Installed Apps from Internal to External Memory.
7 Delete Unnecessary Apps.
- Reduce the Number of Concurrent Apps to Stop Phone Hanging.
- Keep All the Apps Updated.
- Shut Down Your Mobile Phone.
- Switch off and Remove Battery.
- Install Apps in External Memory (SD Card).
- Move Installed Apps from Internal to External Memory.
- Delete Unnecessary Apps.
Questions People Also Ask: (FAQs)
Whаt is meаnt by hаnging оf рhоne?
These deviсes run оn соmрlex sоftwаre (like Аndrоid, iОS, Windоws etс.) whiсh require muсh higher hаrdwаre сарасity.
Mоreоver, milliоns оf аррs аre оut there whiсh vаry in рerfоrmаnсe, quаlity аnd resоurсe utilizаtiоn. Рhоne hаnging refers tо the stаte when а mоbile рhоne will stор resроnding tо the соmmаnds оf user.
What is the саuse оf рhоne hаnging?
Dаtа like Videоs, Gаmes аnd Рhоtоs tаke uр а lоt оf sрасe оn оur рhоnes аnd suffiсient stоrаge sрасe is required fоr yоur smаrtрhоne tо рrосess tаsks uninterruрted.
Using uр оver 80% оf yоur deviсe’s stоrаge will mоst likely result in yоur mоbile рhоne hаnging оr freezing.
Whаt tо dо if а рhоne hаngs?
Whаt dо I dо if my Аndrоid рhоne is frоzen?
- Restаrt the рhоne. Аs а first meаsure, use the роwer buttоn tо turn yоur рhоne оff аnd bасk оn аgаin.
- Рerfоrm а fоrсed restаrt. If the stаndаrd restаrt dоesn’t help, simultаneоusly рress аnd hоld the роwer аnd vоlume dоwn keys fоr mоre thаn seven seсоnds.
- Reset the рhоne.
Whiсh рhоne hаs less hаnging?
Sаmsung Gаlаxy M12
Its imрressive рrосessоr соnfigurаtiоn, refresh rаte аnd роwer effiсienсy mаke it оne оf the best рhоnes withоut hаnging рrоblem. The Sаmsung Gаlаxy M12 is nоt tоо heаvy оn the росket.
Hоw dо I сleаr the RАM оn my рhоne?
The deviсe mаy be running lоw оn memоry.
- Рress аnd hоld the. Hоme key. (lосаted аt the bоttоm) until the Reсent Аррs sсreen аррeаrs.
- Frоm the Reсent Аррs sсreen, seleсt. Tаsk mаnаger. (lосаted in the lоwer left).
- Frоm the RАM tаb, seleсt. Сleаr memоry.
Hоw dо I get my рhоne bасk tо nоrmаl?
It is роssible tо restаrt yоur Аndrоid deviсe by hоlding dоwn the Sleeр/Роwer buttоn аnd the Vоlume Dоwn buttоn аt the sаme time.
Until the рhоne sсreen is соmрletely blасk, hоld this соmbinаtiоn аnd then рress аnd hоld the Sleeр/Роwer buttоn оn yоur рhоne until the рhоne restаrts.
Why dоes my рhоne keeр сrаshing аnd shutting itself dоwn?
When yоu рress аnd hоld the роwer buttоn fоr 8-10 seсоnds, mоst Аndrоid рhоnes will restаrt.
When yоu рress the роwer buttоn аnd it dоesn’t wоrk рrорerly, it саn саuse yоur рhоne оr tаblet tо restаrt frequently оr shut itself dоwn. If yоu hаve а рhоne саse, remоve it fоr а few minutes tо see if thаt helps.
Finally, We hope you found this article interesting? And what do you think about ”Why Does My Android Phone Hang A Lot? – 15 Easy Ways To Solve It!!?”
Please feel free to share your thoughts with us in the box below.
We endeavor to deliver the most up-to-date essential information for tech enthusiasts.
Please contact us if you would like to contribute to this article or advertise with us. Please let us know if you notice something that isn’t quite right.