All the Pieces of Information You Need to Know About Virtual Reality on the iPhone.
Virtual Reality is becoming increasingly popular, as evidenced by the increasing number of holiday TV commercials promoting the technology.
The addition of virtual reality features to popular game consoles such as the PlayStation, and Facebook’s acquisition of virtual reality equipment manufacturers Oculus for US$2 billion.
You can now use virtual reality on your iPhone.
If you have seen people using virtual reality, it’s most likely because they’re using a handheld or head-mounted viewer like the Samsung Gear VR (though the HTC Vive is better used in a full room).
In addition, if you’re an iPhone user, you might have wished to get in on the action and experience virtual reality for yourself as well.
While virtual Reality is currently more robust on Android devices, there are still several ways to use it on iPhones. Here are some examples:
What you will need to be able to use Virtual Reality on any Smartphone
What you’ll need to use virtual Reality on an iPhone is the same as what you’ll need to use on any other smartphone, a smartphone with an internet connection.
- A virtual reality headset with two lenses and an immersive viewing environment.
- Apps that deliver virtual reality content
Instructions on how to utilize Virtual Reality on an iPhone
Once you’ve obtained the two items listed above, using virtual reality on your iPhone is a fairly straightforward process.
Simply launch the VR application you want to use by tapping on it on your iPhone’s screen, then place the iPhone into the viewer with the screen facing you.
Lift the viewer to your eyes, and you will be transported into virtual reality. You might or might not be able to interact with the content in the apps, depending on the viewer hardware you are using and the apps you have installed on your device.
Some virtual reality applications are passive—you simply watch content presented to you, much like you would on television—while others are more interactive, such as games.
What Virtual Reality on the iPhone isn’t — And what it should be
Some of the most well-known and impressive virtual reality systems available right now are complex and powerful systems such as the HTC Vive, Oculus Rift, or PlayStation VR.
High-end VR-compatible computers power those devices, and they even include controllers that allow you to play games and interact with the environment while in Virtual Reality (VR).
Virtual Reality Apps for the iPhone that are the best
That is not what virtual Reality on the iPhone is about (at least not yet). Virtual Reality on iPhone is currently a passive experience in viewing content.
However, some viewers include buttons to interact with apps, and some apps support basic interactions, as is the case with many other devices.
The Samsung Gear VR headset is equipped with a feature that allows you to navigate through menus and select content in virtual Reality by tapping the side of the device.
Nothing quite like that is available for the iPhone. Still, some virtual reality apps that are compatible with the iPhone allow you to select items by concentrating an onscreen target on them for a brief period.
Caution: You will not use devices such as the Samsung Gear VR with the iPhone. This is because they require you to plug your smartphone into the headset, and the iPhone’s Lightning connector is incompatible with the micro-USB plugs used by those headsets.
Virtual Reality headsets that are compatible with iPhones
Check that the VR headset you’re considering for your iPhone is compatible with the device and does not require a connection that the iPhone does not provide before purchasing it.
Some excellent choices for iPhone-compatible virtual reality viewers include:
- Dodocase P2: is a straightforward cardboard virtual reality viewer. Dodocase only sold in small quantities to individuals in the past, but now it sells in large quantities to other businesses.
- Homido VR: is a virtual reality headset that places a strong emphasis on comfort, compatibility with people who wear glasses, and lenses that can adjust to fit your face best.
- View-Master: The classic children’s slide-viewer brand is making a comeback with virtual reality headsets and applications.
- Zeiss VR One Plus: A much more sophisticated headset than the others on this list, the Zeiss VR One Plus includes support for augmented reality applications and the endorsement of a fashion company. Additionally, it is more expensive.
Apps for iPhone that are notable for their use of virtual Reality
There aren’t nearly as many virtual reality apps available in the App Store as there are in Google Play or the Samsung Gear app store,
but there are still a few that are interesting to check out if you want to get a feel for what virtual reality is like. If you have a virtual reality viewer, you should try these apps:
- Discovery VR: This app, developed by the Discovery Channel, takes you on a virtual reality journey around the world.
- Inception: Travel the world and see performances all over the world with this app, which transports you to different cities and performance spaces around the world. Inception can be obtained from the App Store.
- The Life VR: experience includes virtual reality content from some of the world’s most well-known publishing brands, such as Time, People, Sports Illustrated, etc. LIfe VR can be obtained from the App Store.
- The ESPN college football content and documentaries from ABC News are available on Jaunt VT: an app developed by one of the world’s largest virtual reality production studios.
- NYT VR: The New York Times offers some of the best journalism and educational content for virtual reality, and this app compiles it all together in one place.
- YouTube: In addition to supporting virtual reality content uploaded to the platform, the standard YouTube app you used to watch videos and listen to music also supports virtual reality content. YouTube can be obtained from the App Store.
- Within: A collection of narrative virtual reality experiences, including one based on the popular American television show Mr Robot. Within can be obtained from the App Store.
Virtual Reality on the iPhone in the Not Too Distant Future
The use of virtual reality on the iPhone is still in its early stages.
It will not mature significantly until Apple incorporates support for virtual reality and virtual reality headsets/viewers into the iOS operating system.
As soon as Apple incorporates core support for new features and technologies into its operating system, the adoption and use of those features and technologies tend to skyrocket.
In an interview with Bloomberg, Apple CEO Tim Cook stated that augmented reality, which is a similar technology that overlays computer data over the real world rather than immersing you in a virtual one, has greater potential than virtual reality (VR).
However, as virtual reality (VR) continues to gain popularity and use, Apple is bound to make moves to support it.
Questions People Also Ask:
Hоw dо I knоw if my рhоne hаs VR?
Use the free VR Соmраtibility Сheсker арр. Just dоwnlоаd it frоm the Рlаy Stоre, орen the арр аnd рress СHEСK. If the арр sаys thаt yоur deviсe suрроrts VR, then yоu’re reаdy tо gо!
Hоw dо I turn my рhоne intо VR mоde?
Enаbling VR оn Аndrоid deviсes
Орen аny 360° ThingLink sсene in VR mоde. If the system suggests tо instаll Gооgle VR Serviсes, сliсk the ‘Instаll’ buttоn: Dоwnlоаd the арр frоm the Gооgle Stоre then relоаd the ThingLink sсene,
Hоw dо I сheсk my VR?
Steаm VR Рerfоrmаnсe Test Tооl. Сheсk whether yоur system is VR Reаdy, аnd if nоt, whether its сараbilities аre bоund by Grарhiсs Саrd, СРU, оr bоth. Осulus Rift Test Tооl. Dоwnlоаd the tооl tо test yоur соmрuter tо see if it meets the requirements tо run VR with Осulus Rift. Осulus Rift Setuр Tооl.
Hоw dо I turn оn VR mоde оn my iРhоne?
It is simрle tо turn it bасk оn, here аre the steрs:
Gо intо iРhоne settings, Сliсk оntо Sаfаri, Sсrоll аnd turn оn the Mоtiоn & Оrientаtiоn Ассess under Рrivасy & Seсurity. Nоw yоu will be аble tо view yоur VR thrоugh the mаgiс windоw!
Hоw dо I enаble VR mоde оn Аndrоid?
Use the menu iсоn tо ассess Settings, then tар VR settings. Tар оn the Build Versiоn until а new Develорer орtiоns item аррeаrs. Оn а Stаndаlоne heаdset: Use the Dаydreаm buttоn tо bring uр the Dаshbоаrd аnd tар оn the Settings iсоn. Gо tо Dаydreаm аnd VR settings.
Hоw dо yоu use а VR heаdset оn Аndrоid?
Hоw dо yоu use а VRHоw саn I wаtсh VR оn my iРhоne withоut а heаdset?
Fоr YоuTube оn iРhоnes, this is yоur оnly орtiоn. Insteаd оf mоving the Саrdbоаrd, just mоve the рhоne left, right, uр оr dоwn. In sоme саses, yоu mоve аrоund the videо by sliding yоur finger оn the tоuсh sсreen. With this аррrоасh, yоu саn аlsо get 360-degree videоs оn Fасebооk.
We hope you found this article interesting? And what do you think about ‘Guide to Understanding Virtual Reality on iPhone & Its Benefits?’
Please feel free to share your thoughts with us in the box below.
Check the facts
With accuracy and impartiality, we endeavour to deliver the most up-to-date essential information for tech enthusiasts.
Please contact us if you would like to contribute to this article or advertise with us.
And let us know if you notice something that isn’t quite right.